Subject: Re: Who was (is) Medhi Ali, and what was his real job?
From: [email-masked] (Richard Akerman)
Date: Mon, 9 May 94 11:53:04 GMT
Newsgroups: comp.sys.amiga.misc,comp.sys.amiga.advocacy,comp.sys.amiga.games,comp.sys.amiga.cd32

As I understand, Gould was CEO and Chairman of the Board.
He wasn't much of a help as he was more interested in financial maneuverings
than anything else.  Sure he "loaned" CBM some money, but he was a secured
creditor and the interest rate was quite high.  
He was the only person I know of in management with significant stock 
holdings, 15%-20%.

About the only thing Gould managed to do was hire Medhi Ali.

Medhi Ali was President of CBM International.  He drew a massive salary.
He had maybe 300,000 shares of Commodore.  As far as I know, all he did was
drive every head of CBM US to resign (leaving only DiLullo [], who quite
possibly hated the Amiga).  Also, his greatest contribution was hiring Mr.
Sydnes, father of the PCjr, who as far as I can tell from wht Dave Haynie
has written, held up the development of AA (AGA), killed the A3000+, which
had onboard SCSI, so we ended up with the A600 that no one wanted and a 
hacked together A4000 with IDE.
--
Richard J. Akerman   | [email-masked]
Halifax, Nova Scotia | [email-masked]
Canada               |